Followers

Thursday 3 March 2011

Isabelle with Puppy Coco

Hello Everyone,

I have an unexpected day off work today, due to sickness I have to cover the night shift, booo!!! It was my friends birthday last Monday, and I made this card for her. She has a ginger cocker spaniel and I've tried my best to match the colour of coco to him.


This is one of Sarah Kays images, 'Isabelle with Puppy Coco'. This is one of the first stamps I bought and must be one of my favourites. I've coloured the image in copics, but I can't remember which colours as I did it a while ago.

I've used seam binding and flowers from my stash, to which I've added a few stickles to give them some life. I also dug my sewing machine out and went round the edges.



I've used Tim Holtz distress ink to gently colour the edge of a butterfly which I cut out using a Martha Stewart punch. I've them embossed this three times using UTEE, each time gently shaping the butterfly so that the wings stay up.



I've matched the inside of the card to the front, I do find this a rather striking look.

I'm sorry I don't know which paper I used either, I just let the image guide me as to what to use and I rummaged through my stuff and decided on these.


Just time to empty the washer, run the hoover over and do the schoolrun. Day off??? A womans work and all of that I suppose, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment