Followers

Thursday 10 May 2012

Close Your Eyes

Hi everyone, this is my last card as GDT over at Lili's Little Fairies. I've had a great time being a temporary fairy! For this challenge they want you to use your favourite tool. I'm sure that you're all like me and have to use so many tools, but my favourite would defo have to be my trusty Cuttlebug! I don't think I've made a card without it :).


I wish this weather would improve so I could get some decent pictures. I've coloured Close Your Eyes in with distress inks, and strongly resisted the urge to add glamour dust. It's Mr. H and my wedding anniversary on 17th May, we got married on a gorgeous day in Rome four years ago, and I thought I'd use this opportunity to make our anniversary card. This is why although it's a gorgeously soppy image there's no flowers, bling or sparkle. I think it's just boyish enough.


I've used my Cuttlebug to cut out all four of the oval nesties, the border, the swirl and the corners. The papers are from Maja Design, gorgeous even if these have no flowers on them. I couldn't find any 'Our Anniversary' stamps so I settled on this 'With Love' one. The inside is still empty as my hubby actually said to me that he wanted a bought card!!! Can you imagine?? The amount of card making stash I have squirrelled away throughout the house, not to mention the fact that you can no longer make the desk out in the attic and hubby wants a shop bought card!!! I think my face gave me away, he said he likes cards to have nice verses in (that tends to be his only criticism when I make a card, he won't have it that people like blank insides, but there again he is a printer, lol). So to compromise I have to find a nice verse and print it to put inside, so I've not yet decided if I'm going to decorate the inside or just use an insert.


I'm also going to enter this card into the Wedding, Anniversary or Shower challenge at Fashionista.
I must admit I found it hard not adding my usual girlie bits on, but hopefully my hubby will not find it too girlie.
Hugs,

18 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful hun, and if He doesn't appreciate it, he needs a slap, lol. I love that it's not overloaded with fluff, the image takes centre stage as it deserves to and is wonderfully complimented by your paper choice. Brilliant. It's been great being a Fairy with you, hope we get the chance to do it again sometime. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky
    I'm sure that he will love his card, your colouring is O.O.T.W. If you get stuck for words just type Anniversary into Google, & I'm sure that you will find something suitable. Happy Anniversary for next week.
    My favourite tool has to be my Grand Calibur followed very closely by my Big Shot, I also own a BIG Shot Pro & a Cuttlebug (all of these were presents from my lovely Hubby). My Cuttlebug was my first cutting machine & I loved using it, it is now being stored so that I can give it to my granddaughter's when they are old enough to appreciate it. My Big Shot Pro was a huge disappointment (it's fine for cutting the Sizzix dies in), but no good for the Grand Spellbinder's, I even spent a further £50 on extra plastic shims for it, so that I could use the Grand dies in it (I may just have well thrown the £50 down the drain), all the shims did was tear up my lovely papers. As I say it is fine for cutting the Big Shot Pro dies in, BUT as they are soooooooo expensive I only have a few. My lovely Hubby brought me my Grand Calibur as he was fed up with me moaning about the Big Shot Pro. The grand Calibur cuts like a dream & embosses beautifully.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Becky. I'm sure your hubby will be very pleased with it....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY when it comes! I went for the Big Shot instead of a cuttlebug (because the price was better) and like you I find it hard now making a card without using it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky,
    Gorgeous card,love the sweet image :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Becky as all your cards!! Love your style.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card Becky. It can be so hard to get the balance right on male cards like this, but I think you've got it just right. I'm sure he'll love it. It's from the heart after all :)
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky you have coloured this beautifully what a fantastic card I love this one
    Hugs Elaine
    WELL DONE !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card Bex. I am sure he will love it. I think its just a man thing, mine went out and bought a card the other day for a friend - Doh?! Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionista. Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooooo precious, Becky! Adore your fabulous creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever you decide to put on the inside I'm sure hubby will love it! It's very sweet but still masculine enough. Hugs, Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh LOTV images, you can never go wrong with one of them! Very lovely for a manly card and wish you all the best!
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionista Challenge!
    Rina Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. another gorgeous card sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, your colouring is beautiful.
    Hugs, Carissa
    PS – I have candy on my blog http://carissa-creativeexpressions.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Becky as all the other you make!!! I like your soft colouring and you style so much.

    Best compliments for your great news, hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet card with a sweet image.. love your colouring.. :) happy wedding anniversary in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Becky! Great colouring! Good luck in the top five, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card! Woo x

    ReplyDelete