Followers

Friday 15 March 2013

CLP Challenge #56

Hi everyone, yay it's Friday, the weekend is almost here :)

I'm here today with the midway post at CLP Challenges.


Here's my card using the following sketch,


It's something a little bit different for me, there's 3 reasons behind it. Firstly, I bought the Tinted Grandma's Attic papers by Pion from Live and Love Crafts and I was determined that I would use it, secondly I didn't have time to colour an image, my brother asked if I could mind my nephew Thursday afternoon, and thirdly I have wanted to try that technique (I think it's called broken glass) for ages, but I couldn't bring myself to try it on an image I'd spent ages colouring.


I was quite pleased how the UTEE embossing went, but I think I could have done with a fourth coat, but for making it up as I went along I am happy with it.


The papers are from Maja Designs Vintage Summer Basics.


Happy weekend everyone,

Hugs,

Becky xx

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Becky!

    Lovely colors and details!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, I love your take on the sketch!
    Great colors and the flowers and the ribbon hanging, its beautiful. :)
    Wonderful image!

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I L O V E THIS CARD!!! Stunning!!

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowzers its lush hun <3 I love the new background so pretty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky,
    I was quite surprised to see your CLP card, but now that I've read your blog post, it makes sense. I've also wanted to try out that broken glass technique for a while, it looks really cool, but I need to get the UTEE first. We're really getting into this whole embossing thing now, aren't we?! :-) Me so bad, I didn't even recognize the image, had to go and check from which image sheet it was on, LOL.

    Hope you're having a good weekend.

    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...oh and I forgot to mention that I noticed that you now have got the background in place. Looks great, sorry I wasn't able to help with that, glad you sorted it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this technique and have done it a few times you have done a wonderful job love it

    ReplyDelete