Followers

Saturday 17 March 2012

Post #2

Two posts in one day again, look at me on a roll or what?? I must admit, I have turned to card making this week as a distraction (I've also made a few more scheduled posts too). I'm looking forward to my 7th Mothers' Day as a Mam, but it is also the first for me without my Mam. I've got her a gorgeous bunch of flowers, and I'll be going to the cemetery tomorrow, I just wish that I could give them to her and have a cuddle too, I miss her sooo much.

On with my card,



I've made this card for the 'Feathers and Flowers + Sketch' challenge over at TOMIC. I've used a mirror image of the sketch as the papers I've used from Inkido fit the sketch this way.


I've distressed the edges with Pumice Stone, the flowers, ribbon and lace are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I picked the feathers up off eBay as I didn't have any in my stash.  The flower charm, once again is off Susie, thanks hun. The dies are from Magnolia.


I've coloured Tilda in with distress inks. I'm off to do some more colouring, so I might even have another post today, I'm contemplating making my first shaker card.

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, love the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky loving these gorgeous creations defo on a roll..lol lots of lovely detail & your colouring is stunning.. as for tomorrow hang in there girl..it is gonna be hard for you as its the 1st one without your mum.. bet she would have loved your gorgeous flowers?? enjoy being with your children..there not small for very long..

    smiles Christine x (mummy )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky
    another lovely card, love the pretty colour's.
    Regarding the feather's that you mentioned, reminded me of the other day. Hubby & I were sitting in the conservatory, when all of a sudden he said that cat from next door must have killed another bird. When I looked up there were all these beautiful coloured feather's blowing round the garden, I laughed & said to him I put those feather's out there (from my stash) for the bird's nest's. He then said you have finally confirmed to me (which I already knew) that you are quite mad lol.
    Hope you can get through tomorrow without too many tears, as I say it will be the hardest Mother's Day for you. Just remember that your Mam wouldn't want you to be sad, & your little one's will take the edge off it for you.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, beautyful coloring,thank you for joining us at the TOMIC good luck, hugs Janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beatiful card! The coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete