Followers

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Purple Rain

Hi everyone, Wednesday again and time for another challenge at Midweek Magnolias, this time we want to see your cards with May flowers. Easy peasy this one, I hardly ever make a card without any flowers on. I made this card on Sunday, my craft room is in the attic and all I could hear was the rain hitting the roof, that and the card being purple I couldn't get the song 'Purple Rain' out of my head, lol.

How does the saying go? April showers bring forth May flowers, we're sure going to have a glorious May judging by the amount of rain we've had in the UK. I live on the North East coast and compared to the south we've got off quite lightly, I think they might have been a bit premature with the hosepipe ban, lol.

On with my card,


I've coloured Tilda with Magnolia branch with Distress Inks, and cut the image out using a label 22 Nestie. I've used the same nestie as a template to cut the mat out, I think if you use the next size up then the mat is too big. The papers are from K&Co and I've distressed the edges with Walnut Stain.



The inside of the card has been decorated to match the front. The lace is from the Ribbon Girl and all of the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The corners are a discontinued quickutz corner die, and the pearls are also from WOC.


Pop over to Midweek Magnolias and have a look at the stunning creations the other girls have come up with.

Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Super Cute Becky. Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky
    very pretty card.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous Becky, love the layout and those delicious papers. A beautiful card hon.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky this is a gorgeous card love it so pretty
    even after all the rain we have had here in the midlands they are still saying we are drought alert or what ever they call it and it's been raining enough if we ahve any more some one will have to build another Ark lol
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wozer!!!!! becky this is so adorable i want it...love the purple and you did make me smile about the weather and the quantity of rain...and as a 9th May baby..hint hint!! yep i sure am a bloomin big flower lol!! also cheers for the info book is ordered but i couldnt see your link here for the brushes i took it from your email hunnie anyway job done and many thanks you are a poppett....love sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It`s... so beautiful in purple!
    Gorgeous card!
    hugs
    Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hach, was für ein herrliches Kärtchen das geworden ist, wunderschön.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky, another stunner. I love your colouring and the layout is fab.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Bex - can't stop singing now!!! Can you call your next one "When doves cry" please? I prefer that one! LOL! Gorgeous card, as always, sweetie! I envy people who can 'do purple' - it's a non-starter for me even though I love it! The inside of your card looks stunning too! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie totslly gorgeous card loving the fabby tilda she looks soooo pretty. Love the colours hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card, becky! :) soo pretty.. love the colours..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky, Becky Becky......wonderful coloring! Another masterpiece!! Love all your super flowers! A perfect layout!!

    ReplyDelete